Friday, April 15, 2011

...With a Little Help From My Friends...

It's no secret by now that Lauren Grier at The Sweet Shoppe is one of my absolute favorite digital scrapbook kit designers. Even when I was just making forum signatures, I admired her style...loved that it wasn't like everyone else's. I loved that being a scrapbooker didn't mean that you had to 'be normal' or 'typical' when scrapping your pages.

Fast forward to a little over a year ago...when La asked me if I'd like to collab on a kit with her. I think my answer was something like 'UM, DUH!'... ;) Shortly after, she invited me to scrap on her creative team and I've really enjoyed getting to know her and the rest of the team.

Not only does La remind me of myself in a lot of ways- but she inspires me. Not only in her designs but as a person. She's a young mom, supporting herself and her son while working from home. She shows me that this IS a possibility and even if you're not the same as everyone else, you can still succeed.

The last two weeks have been really rough on La...she's been in the hospital with some very serious medical issues, and a large group of us in the digital scrapbook community got together to make a collab kit where all of the proceeds will go directly to La to help out while she's out of work and recooperating. Keep an eye out this weekend for this HUGE collab!



0 comments:

Photobucket


Simply Scraps

Simply Scraps Simply ScrapsSimply Scraps
Photobucket
Photobucket

Scrap Orchard
Persnickety Prints! Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!
Photobucket